PDA

View Full Version : Strike a pose - 'Vogue'

Steve Kaluski
10-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Another Puffin whilst spending the day with young Jon A, a good 'craic' for sure.

Steve

Subject: Puffin (Fratercula arctica) striking a pose
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 500f/4 MKII with 1.4x MKIII HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/6.3 ISO640
Original format: Portrait, slight crop
Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2018

Arthur Morris
10-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Nice. The boxy crop works well here. Good that you got high enough!

with love, ariie

Mike Poole
10-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Great details as expected, and the head on pose works here (a rarity for me to like down the barrels). the wing position adds an extra nice touch to the shot. I'd be tempted to lose half the rock though

Mike

William Dickson
10-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Looking good Steve..Perfect POV and the BG colours sure show the bird well. I'm with Mike on the perch...looks good on a web scroll with some of the perch cropped. Great pose and head angle. Nice whites.

Will

Jim Crosswell
10-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Excellent image Steve. I like the pose and title you chose to go with it. The composition works for me. I like IQ, exposure, clean BG and details as well.

John Mack
10-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Like the title. Nice detail throughout the frame. Killer background.

Jonathan Ashton
10-04-2018, 03:53 AM
Beautifully enhanced colours and background, excellent detail. A very attractive image.

Daniel Cadieux
10-04-2018, 05:54 AM
Lots of personality in this individual! It made me smile :-)

Robert Kimbrell
10-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Wonderful image, with a very nice background. I like the direct look and the body position. Horizon line placed perfectly.

Stu Bowie
10-06-2018, 03:35 AM
Hi Steve, love the soft light in this, and well timed for the head turn for the eye contact. Whites and darks well controlled ( as always ) and the colourful smooth BG rounds the image off nicely. I'm for a traditional landscape frame, just my personal preference bud. :w3

Steve Kaluski
10-06-2018, 05:12 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but I've not been getting notifications.

Thanks folks glad you like it.

Mike I'm OK on the depth of rock, it's about right I feel as a 'pedestal' for the subject to stand on, as often folk get so close to the foot, the subject feels as if it's 'falling out of frame'.

As I'm sure you know Dan, these birds are comical, with, as you say 'personality'.

Stu, when time allows I do shoot in both 'planes', but sadly the subject did not hold the pose and so going landscape wasn't on the cards.

Cheers
Steve