PDA

View Full Version : Spectacled Parrotlet pair - Colombia

Dorian Anderson
10-01-2018, 08:59 PM
I got away from the Colombia stuff since shorebirds have reappeared here in the Bay Area, but here is one of my favorites
from the trip. This was not a set-up, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. There was not a lot of light,
so I was pretty stoked with this result.

Male on left, female on right

Canon 500mm f/4 IS v1 + 1.4x III on EOS 5D Mark IV
1/320 at f/5.6, ISO 1600, handheld with lens braced against tree
Processed in LR CC. Did a bit of cloning to smooth out the area above
their heads and to remove a few threads of spider web below the branch.

arash_hazeghi
10-02-2018, 01:06 AM
what a lovely shot, has everything Dorian! I might very gently reduce the green channel on the breast of the right parrotlet but everything else is perfect.

Excellent frame

annmpacheco
10-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Green with envy... Sweet , doubly sweet. Love the cuddled preening going on and the gorgeous greens everywhere, would be one of my favorites too Dorian. These guys are so little and what a great scaled perch. Well done.

Jim Crosswell
10-02-2018, 09:10 AM
A beautiful tender moment you captured here Dorian! I like the details, deep forest BG, curved perch and composition. There is a little white line left of your name I would clone out of the BG.

Joseph Przybyla
10-02-2018, 02:40 PM
So am I envious, lovely image. You captured the perfect moment. Thank you for sharing, Dorian.

John Mack
10-02-2018, 03:17 PM
What a nice moment you have captured here. Really like how everything is a different shade of green. The vertical composition works very well. Well done.

gail bisson
10-02-2018, 04:39 PM
This is so lovely!
A very engaging picture. What's not to like.
Love all that green- Shrek and Fiona would love this image on their wedding anniversary card!!
A Special image! Congrats!
Gail

Isaac Grant
10-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Man just getting these tiny bullets perched is special, let alone capturing a moment like this. I've seen many parrotlets as they sped by at 100 miles an hour! Perfect nature photo Dorian. You captured an intimate moment and mad a memorable photo with beautiful tones and details. On the 5k imac the yellows look too intense and could probably be lowered by maybe 10 to 15 points. I would then add a touch of contrast to make the birds stand out more from the background. Easy fixes for a really special shot.

Arthur Morris
10-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Lots of good reasons above to be stoked with this one! Don't you love it when the magic happens right in front of you?

with love, arite

Mike Poole
10-03-2018, 12:37 PM
A special moment well captured, would be a serious contender for some wall space at my house

Mike

William Dickson
10-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Love those 50 shades of green...What a pose with lovely details...All you need is love...Fab image.

Will

Tim Foltz
10-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Dorian, Excellent image my friend, love all those shades of green and the little bit of blue just pops.
Great details, HA, subject matter and BG.

-Tim

Walker Noe
10-05-2018, 09:38 PM
This is fantastic Dorian, well done. Very sweet image.