PDA

View Full Version : Marbled Godwit

arash_hazeghi
09-27-2018, 01:26 AM
Another image from a while back that I finally got around processing. Marbled godwit, BG is ocean

Nikon D5, 600mm f/4E FL + TC14-E III ISO 2000 f/5.6 at 1/3200 sec hand held. processed with C1P

hope you like it

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Amazing Flight Shot. Look perfect to me.

Excellent wing position, Head Angle and Eye contact.

TFS

David Seymour
09-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Hi Arash, wonderful feather detail on this one, among the best I've seen on a BIF shot. Beautiful colour as well, and the wing position is great for showing off the bird. How are you finding processing with C1P compared with your previous DPP4/Ps workflow when you were running EOS gear?

Cheers, David

John Mack
09-28-2018, 06:54 AM
Looking good. The pose is perfect. Nice and sharp. Is full frame or cropped?

Bill Dix
09-28-2018, 08:38 AM
Superb flight shot, with great detail, wing position. I'm sure the few grey spots in the bg closest to the bird are part of the water and not dust bunnies, but I find them a bit distracting in an otherwise beautiful frame.

Dorian Anderson
09-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Very nice. Great wing position and detail. Image looks a bit pink to me, but that's coming from a guy who's always pushing the blue boundary in his own shots. I can see how low the sun was, so the pink glow is certainly representative of the scene. It's more personal preference than anything else.....

arash_hazeghi
09-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Hi Arash, wonderful feather detail on this one, among the best I've seen on a BIF shot. Beautiful colour as well, and the wing position is great for showing off the bird. How are you finding processing with C1P compared with your previous DPP4/Ps workflow when you were running EOS gear?

Cheers, David

Hi David,

I have transferred my workflow from DPP4 to C1P for Nikon, I find that C1P is a much more advanced software (it better be for the price compared to DPP that was free). It runs much faster and provides has adjustments. I am finishing up an extensive guide with the details of my workflow and how to generate best looking images in less than 2 minutes with C1P. It will be available soon so stay tuned best

arash_hazeghi
09-28-2018, 01:31 PM
Very nice. Great wing position and detail. Image looks a bit pink to me, but that's coming from a guy who's always pushing the blue boundary in his own shots. I can see how low the sun was, so the pink glow is certainly representative of the scene. It's more personal preference than anything else.....

Hey Dorian, it does have a slight pnikish glow which was from the low sun peaking from under thick clouds on that day. BTW, have you been there lately? is it good

re blue casts, i think you can benefit from calibrating your screen

best

Arthur Morris
09-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Spectacular wings up flight pose. And sharp as expected. With a bit of luck the far wing would have been raised a bit higher ... Late light or not this looks to warm to me. I hope that I am not sounding too much like Isaac on the latter point ...

Where?

thanks with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
09-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Hey Artie foster city

Arthur Morris
09-28-2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks. Never been there.

with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
09-28-2018, 05:51 PM
PS> the warmth looks good on my calibrated NEC but it does look a bit too red on my cheap Dell office monitor....there is the difference

Arthur Morris
09-29-2018, 05:37 AM
I'm looking on my non-cheap Macbook Pro with retina display. As I just posted on Jon's puffin thread: "What is reality other than what we remember? Or think we remember? There is simply no way to determine which colors are right; it is all personal opinion :)"

with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
09-29-2018, 11:49 AM
Agreed except for my 15” Mac book pro LCD is just as bad as the cheap Dell. Maybe worse. See my blog to read what I think about laptop monitors and retina screens for image processing

Arthur Morris
09-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Agreed except for my 15” Mac book pro LCD is just as bad as the cheap Dell. Maybe worse. See my blog to read what I think about laptop monitors and retina screens for image processing

Thanks Arash. That is good to know. At least I understand now why all my images suck!

with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
09-29-2018, 02:10 PM
:bg3:

David Salem
10-01-2018, 09:23 PM
Sweet capture Arash. Great pose and sweet details. Well done. Looking forward to some PF500 images. See ya soon