PDA

View Full Version : The Chase !

Desmond Chan
06-26-2008, 10:35 PM
This is another one from my first bird-photo trip on Jun 1, 2007. I see this more like a news photo, a "street" shot for the Duck News. Anyhow, I noticed that a couple of ducks seemed to be having problems with each other. At first I thought they were fighting for food, but it appeared to be more than that. I noticed that they didn't just fight at a certain spot. One actually was going after the other all over the pond. So I took a couple of shots of them. And, they happened to be a male and a female (or may be two males and one female).

S5 70-300 @ 220m; shutter priority with auto ISO @ ISO 640; f5.3 1/1000 sec; no flash.

As you can see, there're blown highlights, some areas too dark, etc. But, I just got a 300mm on a new camera and was trying my hands on some duck shooting...so excited yet so over-whelmed :o

Perhaps you can tell me more :)

Thanks for looking !

Alfred Forns
06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Desmond ..... I think its two males going after one female and she is running for her life :) Not sure what kind of duck magazine you were working for

I like the chase part but the oof ducks up front are not doing much for me. Would be a stronger image isolating on the chase. Including the trio would be dependent on interaction !!!!

Desmond Chan
06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Desmond ..... I think its two males going after one female and she is running for her life :) Not sure what kind of duck magazine you were working for

I like the chase part but the oof ducks up front are not doing much for me. Would be a stronger image isolating on the chase. Including the trio would be dependent on interaction !!!!

Nah, I wasn't and am not working for "Duck News" or anything :D:D

Thanks for the comments !

Nonda Surratt
06-27-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with Alfred..Ducks can be a blast to photograph and watch

Oscar Zangroniz
06-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Great action capture Desmond. But do agree with Al regarding the other ducks