PDA

View Full Version : Theme The student becomes the master......

Dorian Anderson
09-26-2018, 02:26 AM
So, here's what's going on: The left/adult tern had just emerged from the water with the fish when the right/juvenile
bird came crashing down on top of him. That impact put the adult back into the water and caused him to drop the fish.
Somehow the juvenile grabbed the fish out of the air and managed to fly off with it! Right place, right time, I guess

Best part about this image? Made with a 20 year old lens!

Old Skool Canon 400mm f/5.6 on EOS 1D Mark IV
1/4000 at f/5.6, ISO 400. Processed in LR CC
I added catchlight to left/adult eye.

Sure, I could add a bit of canvas left and above, but I figured I'd keep it real for the theme...........

Ian McLachlan
09-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Two catch lights.Everything sharp and great action.Well done.

Arthur Morris
09-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Ah, the old toy lens still works! It's great that you got everything in the frame. The WHITEs here look a bit dark to me. Is this the full frame original?

with love, artie

Mike Poole
09-26-2018, 10:14 AM
I agree the whites could be a little brighter, but that aside, this is a great frame, with the action going on, the water droplets, 2 excellent wing positions, I really like this one

Mike

Dorian Anderson
09-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Here's the full frame, with suggested exposure/white increases. I suspect some might enjoy playing with it......

Ah, the old toy lens still works! It's great that you got everything in the frame. The WHITEs here look a bit dark to me. Is this the full frame original?

with love, artie

annmpacheco
09-26-2018, 02:06 PM
Hurray for that oldie but goodie lens, you certainly were quick with your eye and captured the action. This juvie is going to be well fed with those moves! Love the interaction and the underwing detail of the tern and fish, along with the open beak squawk of the adult. repost looks better... Cool image Dorian!

John Mack
09-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Nice interaction you managed to capture here. I prefer the full frame version. Nice view of both birds.

Jim Crosswell
09-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Great action you captured here Dorian! I like how water drops are spread throughout the whole frame, wing positions and the expression on the adults face.