PDA

View Full Version : Least Sandpiper- juvie

gail bisson
09-25-2018, 09:05 AM
Thanks Isaac for the ID! I know you must have been rolling your eyes when I asked you what this was!:tinysmile_shy_t::Whoa!:
Most of the fall migration has passed us by, so not much bird photography to be had here in Cape Breton until winter.
I took this a couple of weeks ago.
Nothing flashy but I like the BG.
Canon 1 DX 600mm and 1.4 x
Small crop, LR CC and Photoshop CC. Nothing added or cloned.
1/1600 F6.3 ISO 800
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

Arthur Morris
09-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Loverly. I like the splayed tertials. SH, EXP, and image design are perfect.

with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
09-25-2018, 10:32 AM
nice image overall I wish we could see the feet better and I find the BG a tad busy for my taste, I have to say speaking of sharpness, while this image seems to plenty of details the head doesn't look that crisp on my 4K NEC, it would def need more sharpening for me, but it may look different on your monitor.

TFS

Isaac Grant
09-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Made me laugh Gail. Shorebirds are not easy to identify or photograph. This is really pretty and I love these kids of unconventional backgrounds. The beautiful golden light made the out of focus rocks look perfect for me. I have a shot of a Black-bellied Plover with a background very much like this one (a distant jetty) that is one of my favorites. Head angle and pose are great. Agree that I wish the back foot was showing and that the head could use a touch more sharpening also on the 5k imac. That sort of thing is very hard to gauge as the larger screens are far less forgiving and depending on what screen it is being viewed on the shot will look different. I imagine on your laptop the sharpening looks spot on so no way to know how others will see it.

Daniel Cadieux
09-25-2018, 11:19 AM
I love it as well. I find that the Leasts have some of the most beautiful juvenal plumages among the shorebirds. Neat perch and BG.

Joseph Przybyla
09-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Hi Gail, looks good to me. My only wish would be that the other foot would show more. I would have been chatting with the bird encourgaging it to move to this side of the rock. Thank you for sharing.

Bill Dix
09-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Beautiful shot, Gail. Great light, and I like the background. Lovely juvie plumage. This one probably would have fooled me at first too; I think of Leasts as having greenish-yellow legs - unless they're covered in mud. These are almost bronze-colored.

John Mack
09-25-2018, 05:36 PM
Great view of this sandpiper. Good detail. Really like that background.

Jim Crosswell
09-25-2018, 07:07 PM
I like the HA, details, composition and complimentary BG. Very well done Gail.

annmpacheco
09-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Love the BG, and what a beauty of a juvie, feathers so crisp and details with warmth... Love the little toenail sticking up, no complaints from me, this is lovely.

Dorian Anderson
09-26-2018, 01:30 AM
Cute little guy. You must have been right on top of this guy since your focal plane was so thin; both the rear leg and front wing are unfortunately out of that plane. The head looks
pretty good to me, so you did well to get the most important part of him. I love the detail on the front leg!

Paul Burdett
09-29-2018, 07:30 PM
Thumbs up from me Gail. Really nice composition and I do like the BG texture.