PDA

View Full Version : New Holland Honeyeater

Paul Burdett
09-20-2018, 10:45 PM
Hi all,
Here's another "lifer" taken in Tasmania. 7Dii, 400mm at f5.6, 1/500th sec. iso640 in AV mode. Cheers.:S3:

Daniel Cadieux
09-21-2018, 06:32 AM
Ha! What a grumpy-looking little guy! Congrats on your first sighting of one, that is always exciting. As for the image, it is too dark as posted - it could probably use close to a 1/2 stop additional light, if not a bit more, and then tweak the highlights if they become too bright.

Gerhard Weldhagen
09-21-2018, 06:53 AM
Hi Paul,

Interesting pose for this little Dutchie, he sure does not look happy. The perch has some real character and the background complements the bird well. They are quite common down south, now is a very good time to see them congregating in suburban gardens and parklands.

Cheers

Gerhard

Arthur Morris
09-21-2018, 08:31 AM
Wow, wow, wow, what a stunning bird. Lighter please with a crop from above to 3X2. Super sharp as well.

with love, artie

Dorian Anderson
09-21-2018, 05:41 PM
Very striking bird! Looks really good. I agree with the above comments, particularly with respect to more light.

annmpacheco
09-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Paul, Congrats on the lifer. I agree with increasing the exposure and would love to see your repost. I do like the white teardrop beard on this honey eater, he is a sweet one! TFS

Paul Burdett
09-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Thank you to all for your kind feedback, it is much appreciated...I've learned so much since joining this forum. I have increased exposure and cropped as per Artie's suggestion...hopefully it's not too light now (looks much better now on my monitor). Cheers!

John Mack
09-22-2018, 07:32 PM
This is one striking looking bird. Can only agree with what has been said here.

Arthur Morris
09-23-2018, 09:13 AM
Thank you to all for your kind feedback, it is much appreciated...I've learned so much since joining this forum. I have increased exposure and cropped as per Artie's suggestion...hopefully it's not too light now (looks much better now on my monitor). Cheers!

Hey Paul, You are most welcome. The repost is much better.

with love, artie