PDA

View Full Version : Moe, Larry And Shemp

Joseph Przybyla
09-20-2018, 02:13 PM
I captured this image of Green Heron chicks at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. I was walking along the Marsh Rabbit Run trail, glancing to my left I saw these tree lined up on a dead palm frond without the leaves. First and only time I have seen Green Heron chicks this young, they were not flying so the nest must have been close by. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 350mm
1/1250 F/10 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 3200 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018, Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

annmpacheco
09-20-2018, 02:51 PM
Hi Joe, the "stooges" are endearing! I like the trio hangin out on the palm frond and the ability to see all eyes! Terrific find and cool to see the habitat and fluff on their head! TFS

John Mack
09-20-2018, 06:51 PM
Nice you caught all three. They are well balanced in the frame. The diagonal perch is nice.

Arthur Morris
09-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Hey Joe,

This is a fantastic capture. You can surely open up (lighten) the birds especially their dark backs. I'd start with the NIK 50-50 recipe. Then you can tone down the single white leaf ...

with love, artie

Dorian Anderson
09-21-2018, 05:47 PM
Love the title, even though I personally prefer Curly! This is a really fun image, especially as each is doing something slightly different.
Personality of the birds overpowers the busy background. That doesn't happen often....