PDA

View Full Version : Mangrove Moonrise #2

Paul Marcellini
06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Was going through some files and found this one. I processed it and liked it and wondered why I skipped it at first. I liked the in your face comp, and think it works. Sometimes when I get shooting, I get back and wonder why i did things, and wonder if its the two sides of the brain switching? The moon centered may bother some.

Haven't gone out this week so i thought I'd share it.

20d, 10-22@10mm f8 iso400 1/6s

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Roman Kurywczak
06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey Paul,
Definitely love the In your face approach of the mangroves...........even love the wispy clouds do to long exposures.........moon..........due to the WA approach.........this usually happens to moon shots..........gets really pushed back in the frame to be more of a disturbance than an asset! Taking it out entirely would not bother me or draw my eye towards it. Conversly........adding a huge one somewhere on the left would work for me too! then you'd have to post it in OOTB!

Robert Amoruso
06-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Paul,

Works great compositionally with the two strong FG elements (mangroves) and the sun rays in the BG. I like the blue on left and pink on right. I would clone out the moon in a heartbeat.

Judd Patterson
06-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I love the great colors here, Paul. Those division between blue and pink is spectacular...anticrepuscular rays. Love those in our face mangrove prop roots too. Fine work once again.

Paul Marcellini
06-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys, and Judd for the name of those rays. They have helped several shots when sunset didn't pan out.