PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Colors of Indian Paintbrush

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-18-2018, 11:52 AM
I made this image at Utah Wetlands preserve, LeBaron Point, UT.

This is Vertical composition of the same shot I posted earlier.

It was so colorful that I could not resist posting a different composition. Hope you like it.

Nikon D805, 24-120 f/4 + Extension Tubes, Camera On Tripod
ISO 1000, f/4.5, 1/640 sec
Matrix Metering, Manual Mode

Post Processing:-

Cropped for compositon
Clonned some distracting colors on Top left
Noise Reduction

Any Critiques and Comments are always welcome.

Thanks
Krishna

Ravi Hirekatur
09-19-2018, 04:25 PM
Very nice colors. Nice background. The bottom half of the plant is out of focus. Does that affect the image? May be for me. But I like this a lot. I have tried taking photos of flowers with long stems. getting everything in focus and not have a distracting background is hard.

Joseph Przybyla
09-20-2018, 02:57 PM
I like your concept, love the color palette. I like Ravi notice the focus softening on the bottom of the stem. My thoughts... was the plant leaning, was the plant not square to the focal plane? Not sure why... thank you for sharing, Krishna.

John Mack
09-25-2018, 06:34 PM
The soft light brings out nice detail in the flower. The contrast of the colors are nice.

Arthur Morris
11-23-2018, 08:06 PM
Love the soft light and colors but I think that pointing the lens down a bit more would have improved this one.

with love, artie

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-23-2018, 08:08 PM
Love the soft light and colors but I think that pointing the lens down a bit more would have improved this one.

with love, artie

Hi Artie,

If I point the lens more down then the Backgrounds show beach and other stuff which was not very appealing. Hence I chose the point of view.

Thanks
Krishna