PDA

View Full Version : Theme Zuka Cheetah

Gabriela Plesea
09-14-2018, 02:04 PM
A relaxed cheetah checking her surroundings after quenching her thirst at a waterhole. Image taken at Zuka Private Game Reserve - the sun was setting ( it was almost 6 pm ) and I managed a few frames before it got too dark.

Processed in LR and PSCC, techs as follows:

Nikon D5
Nikon 500mm F4
ISO 1250
F7.1
1/2000s

Hope you all enjoy the week-end, many thanks for viewing:S3:

Kind regards,

John Mack
09-15-2018, 06:51 PM
Beautiful. I was wondering when we would get to see one of your images. Great pose and nice light. The background is excellent. Love the diagonal line the cheetah creates.

Basil Dardagan
09-15-2018, 11:01 PM
World class image that seems almost perfect with regards to colours , cropping etc. I agree that the lines created by the subject (who is then filled with spots) provides some fascinating viewing. It seems unfair to even mention this because those eyebrows make it a huge challenge however if the pupils were visible it would add imho

Rachel Hollander
09-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi Gabriela - The simplicity of this as well as the warm light really make this one work. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-17-2018, 04:56 AM
Hi Gabriela -- This is an absolute stunner ! loved the details and the light. The colours have come out so nicely and the BKG makes the subject stand out. Nice techs as well. No nits for me .

superbly done.

TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
09-17-2018, 09:11 AM
Very nice indeed, I like the pose and the background, along with the composition. Good details in all tones.

Gabriela Plesea
09-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much dear friends, I really appreciate your time to view and kind comments.

Shall post more images John, but I will have to go back to older folders, haven't been that lucky with sightings lately. Well, except for yesterday... I came upon three lionesses stalking three warthogs:w3 The light was poor though and it was drizzling so please don't expect too much. I am so afraid to download those images, LOL

Hope you all have a fantastic week ahead,

Kind regards,

Jay Shah
09-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Hi Gabriela, great image. Love light, smooth contrasting BG, pose and your crop. I have noticed that even in the sharpest and best exposed image, fur of cheetah somehow don't reveal details where you can count individual hair in contrast to some other animals like say tigers. Do you agree?

Gabriela Plesea
09-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Hello Jay:S3:

Interesting question! Cheetah fur is short and very coarse, I think this might be the reason. Even the little ones have coarse fur, albeit a little fuzzy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to view and comment, I so appreciate it:)

Kind regards,

Morkel Erasmus
09-18-2018, 05:28 PM
Nice vertical framing here, Gabriela, catching the amber eyes nicely lit.
I do think you can sharpen the face a tad more?

Gabriela Plesea
09-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Thank you Morkel, I shall look at the sharpening - much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
09-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Very nice Gabriela, love the pose/stance. For me if you keep it as framed then a tad more on the left, or less below as the original crop on the width. Perhaps brighten the green for a richer look & feel? Both PP & techs look spot on to me, well done.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
09-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Thank you very much, Steve - will look at comp and BG again:5

Warmest regards,