PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Yellowlegs At Water's Edge.

Daniel Cadieux
09-13-2018, 04:47 AM
This individual was barely testing the waters on an early August morning.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/160s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, eye work (darkened the pupil), toned down the brighter outline along the shoreline, NR to the BG.

Isaac Grant
09-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Well we know why you didn’t make it down to NY now don’t we! Another beautiful shorebird frame with a perfect head angle and perfect color palette.

Arthur Morris
09-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Wow; that bird could not have picked a better place to stand. The image design and the soft light put this one way over the top for me. Do you see the five or six first winter feathers coming in?

with love, artie

John Mack
09-13-2018, 07:52 PM
Love how the bird is just standing at the edge of the water. The low angle and composition are nice.

Daniel Cadieux
09-15-2018, 12:01 PM
Well we know why you didn’t make it down to NY now don’t we! Another beautiful shorebird frame with a perfect head angle and perfect color palette.

Ha ha, thanks Isaac. Apart from the fact my passport has expired (!), I photographed more shorebirds in a couple weeks than all of the last two years combined :-) Nickerson and / or Jamaica Bay are still on bucket list...

Isaac Grant
09-15-2018, 06:02 PM
There have been lots of good shorebirds around. Marbled and Hudsonian Godwits, Golden Plover, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Whimbrel and many others. Doors always open Daniel so say the word.

Gabriela Plesea
09-25-2018, 03:25 PM
This is a beautiful image, Daniel.

Love the composition and colours, wonderful detail, great pose from the bird (nice HA too) and BG is superb.
I have always enjoyed your images - stunning work:cheers:

Warmest regards,