PDA

View Full Version : Great Indian Hornbill

Debapratim Saha
09-11-2018, 03:24 AM
Got her(white iris) roosting early morning before she fly for the fig tree.
D850,850mm,f6.3,1/400s,ISO1600.
Thanks for looking,your inputs welcome.

gail bisson
09-11-2018, 05:46 AM
I love this Debapratim.
The color palette of the image is wonderful. I love all those greens and blues with that pop of yellow.
The exposure looks great and the blacks and yellows are well exposed.
I would crop in a very small bit from the LHS and top by ~2%. If you have a bit more room on the right I would add the 2% back to that side.
I would clone out the 2 little dark spots (?insects) in the RLC under the branch.
Very nice frame,
Gail

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-11-2018, 08:43 AM
Beautifully captured Image. I love the colors.

Blacks look good with details. I might be tempted to clone the Green at the top right.

Can you let us know the Location (which state etc ?)

TFS

Bill Dix
09-11-2018, 09:37 AM
Fabulous shot of this Hornbill, in a perfect pose, with good light and beautiful colors. Gail's suggested tweaks are minor, but would improve an already beautiful image.

Debapratim Saha
09-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Dear Krishna
I am from Siliguri and my working field is mostly the different altitude of Darjeeling Himalaya,Sikkim,NE India and some times Bhutan...we have more than 600 diversified avifauna in this Bio diversity hot spot of which most are very shy and skulk...this great hornbill was shot in the foothills of Mahananda wls near Siliguri.
Thanks

William Dickson
09-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Beautiful colours throughout and what a lovely looking pose. The perch and BG sure make the bird look real good. Love the HA, and the detail on the bird.

Will

Arthur Morris
09-11-2018, 02:46 PM
I executed a relatively tiny crop in part inspired by Gail's suggestion and in part by Krishna's suggestion. The crop eliminated two very small but slightly distracting elements. Then I opened up the black mask with my 50/50 NIK recipe and ran a contrast mask on the same area, all on one layer.

This is beyond superb. Please check out the relatively new posting guidelines; an image this good needs to be posted as large as possible.

with love, artie

ps: in retrospect I should have taken a sliver off the right as well :)

pps: What do your friends call you? Deba?

Geoffrey Montagu
09-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Stunning looking hornbill, captured perfectly, Debapratim. The light is exceptional, and the richness of the colors show beautifully.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Jim Crosswell
09-11-2018, 07:46 PM
A real beauty Debapratim! I like the setting, IQ, perch and the superb looking Hornbill.

Debapratim Saha
09-11-2018, 07:48 PM
I executed a relatively tiny crop in part inspired by Gail's suggestion and in part by Krishna's suggestion. The crop eliminated two very small but slightly distracting elements. Then I opened up the black mask with my 50/50 NIK recipe and ran a contrast mask on the same area, all on one layer.

This is beyond superb. Please check out the relatively new posting guidelines; an image this good needs to be posted as large as possible.

with love, artie

ps: in retrospect I should have taken a sliver off the right as well :)

pps: What do your friends call you? Deba?
Now this rocks! Thanks for the correction and "HOT" Publisher's favourite,I am honoured.
Best
Deba

Jake Levin
09-11-2018, 08:52 PM
This is spectacular! I'd love to see a large version. Composition is pleasing, and lots of detail on all parts of the bird. I would also clone out the bit of green at top right but that is just my personal preference. Excellent job!

Jonathan Ashton
09-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Spectacular image beautiful colours and a great pose.
I am going to Bandhavgarh and Bharatpur next year - this bird is something I will be looking for! The perch is pretty ideal and the OOF leaves behind make for a very eye catching image.

Robert Kimbrell
09-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Stellar image. I love the background colors to display this amazing bird. The exposure and processing look great. Well done.