PDA

View Full Version : Leopardess window.

Marc Mol
09-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Emerald season 2016.

The leopardess "Madonina" granted me this window of opportunity as the foliage opened slightly enabling me this strategic capture of her hunting Impala.

Ruaha Nat Park- Tanzania.

This image was a semi-finalist in the GDT European WPTY 2018 and also Natures Best & Natures Best Africa 2018, ...........there's always next year.:bg3:

Bean bag- front pax seat, slight crop for comp, curves, levels, TK adj's, slight dark vignette in ACR & PS CC'18

Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL VR
Nikon D4s
f/4
1/500s
ISO5600

Cheers
Marc

Andreas Liedmann
09-02-2018, 05:19 PM
HI Marc .....just gorgeous execution in the field. IMHO priceless good.... that window !!!!
Does work so well interns of image design and comp .
Very very nice frame , Marc .
I personally would tweak the colors a fraction in the fur ... just my 2 cents.

Have a good one , TFS Andreas

John Mack
09-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Very nice. Love frame within the frame shots like these. This one is very well one. Nice one.

Basil Dardagan
09-03-2018, 07:14 AM
A truly magic image

Rachel Hollander
09-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Hi Marc - Congrats on the contests but this image felt familiar and it's because you posted it before:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/134589-Hunting-impala?highlight=leopardess

We can move it to the General Photography forum if you want.

Rachel

Marc Mol
09-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Had wondered if I had shared before and when using search, didn't come up as "leopard window", and now see I used a different title, my apologies.

Happy to leave here as this is now technically a RP with some mid & dark tone adj's.:w3

Arthur Morris
09-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Wow! This one is well worthy of being posted twice. As spectacular as it is, perhaps the leaves intersecting with the top of the rump kept this one from being a winner.

I am curious, as you made this or a series of similar images, were you aware that you were onto something very special? I am curious also as to whether you were in a vehicle? With others?

thanks with love, artie

Marc Mol
09-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Thanks Artie.

Wow! This one is well worthy of being posted twice. As spectacular as it is, perhaps the leaves intersecting with the top of the rump kept this one from being a winner.

My feelings as well Artie, it did progress but unfortunately only as far as the semi final rounds in the GDT European WPTY 2018 and also Natures Best & Natures Best Africa 2018.

I am curious, as you made this or a series of similar images,

Not quite sure what you mean here Artie? Do you mean is this from a sequence?
As I do have a few others, but this is the only frame where she appears through that window. It was quite a fleeting moment.

were you aware that you were onto something very special? I am curious also as to whether you were in a vehicle? With others?

Yes, I had a feeling that this was a rare oportune moment when she appeared briefly, and yes, in a private vehicle, just myself and guide.

Cheers
Marc

Arthur Morris
09-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Thanks Mark. I was not sure whether you had a few moments with the scene, or if it was one of those one second it's there, next second it's gone situations. And either way, I wanted to know your thoughts when it all came togethers. And you answered that :)

with love, arite

Morkel Erasmus
09-18-2018, 05:25 PM
this really is a special one, Marc!
I agree, there's some magenta coming through in the leopard though