PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Tucked away northern fulmar

annmpacheco
08-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Not sure if I like this image or not, guess I'm accustomed to "cleaner/non competing" surroundings. This was taken in Iceland and as I sat atop the cliff I had a great view of all the nesting activity on the cliffs around me. I looked through my pocket identifier from Iceland and found the name of the wildflower: Common Scurvy weed. Some cliffs were covered in this flowering weed which gives great cover to nests.
DPP, levels, reduced sat in greens, cleaned up some white wash, sharpening, NR

1Dx
600mmII

ISO 800
f7.1
SS 1/1250

Arthur Morris
08-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Nice and I like the rule of thirds image design. Your (and my) problem with the photo is likely that the bill is lost in the flower that is in front of the bill and the vegetation above it ...

with love, artie

Allen Sparks
08-27-2018, 01:11 AM
Hi Ann,
I like this different kind of look with the bird among the flowers/vegetation. Nicely composed as Artie mentions.
Allen

John Mack
08-27-2018, 03:27 PM
This is something you don't usually see and that is why i like it. Love how the bird is surrounded by all the vegetation and flowers.

Dorian Anderson
08-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Yeah Ann, I'm with you on the clean frame thing. But I think this is a cool shot. I'm often so focused on the clean shot that
I miss the surroundings/habitat. This shows the bird as its seen in the field, and that make it cool. Plus, you got all the
leaves in focus which works very well.

Daniel Cadieux
08-28-2018, 06:27 PM
I love this, and would have been excited at the opportunity! The only issue, already pointed out by Artie, is the bill/flowers merge. Other than that this is rather sweet. I like that you stopped down too as I love the whole left half of the frame.