PDA

View Full Version : Theme Theme: Oystercatcher sunset

Jake Levin
08-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Some of you might recognize this guy from an earlier image I must have post-processed under the influence, because it did not come out correctly at all! Luckily, with some off-site help from Isaac Grant, who gets a big "merci beaucoup" for helping me out on several occasions now, I was able to follow his suggestions to get the colours much more true to form. I took this at Nickerson Beach with the sun close to setting, which helped create the deep blues in the water. The four little bubbles at lower left are not a repeating pattern; they were there as is when I clicked the shutter. I'm curious to know what you all think of the new version!

5D mkIV, 500mm f/4 IS w/ 1.4x TC III, tripod mounted
1/500 @ f/6.3, ISO 1600
DPP conversion
PS optimized

Thanks,
Jake Levin

Daniel Cadieux
08-26-2018, 06:41 PM
"under the influence" lol. Looks great. Nice warm light, good parallel body angle with an ever so slight head turn our way. As for those "repeating" bubbles you mention, I'd get rid of them for the reason being they are too close to the edge anyway. Same for the lowest one along the bottom edge.

Allen Sparks
08-27-2018, 01:16 AM
Hi Jack,
Nice looking frame. Details and colors look good. I like the pose - a handsome bird.
Allen

John Mack
08-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Pose is good and the light is pretty sweet. Love that bluish background.

Dorian Anderson
08-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Really nice frame of this wonderful bird. Light is really nice and that red beak really pops.

Arthur Morris
08-28-2018, 05:13 AM
I love everything about this image -- light, image design, and sharpness, but the BLACKs look like enamel ...

with love, artie