PDA

View Full Version : Skydiver

Rosl Roessner
06-26-2008, 09:59 AM
It is really hard to follow the action with the camera, when the Red Kites are coming down to grab some food. :cool:
They circle quite easy and then turn to the ground like a bomb....

So I wanted the bird more centered in the frame, but when I cropped it to a vertical, I like the result, because it really shows the difficult challenge to follow them on their way down... :D

Mark III
f 5.6 / 1/1250 sec / ISO 3200

Bruce Murden
06-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I really like the sense of motion by putting the Kite near the bottom. It would be nice to have a little more room at the bottom of the frame. Can you ask him to dive for you again? ;)

Brian Wong
06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Rosl!

Sweet details at ISO 3200!!! I agree that the low placement and vertical frame gives me the sense of a fast dive. I think the even background helps keep the focus on the Kite. I would suggest removing some really tiny spots around the head. Also really nice with the eye contact!

Julie Kenward
06-27-2008, 11:36 AM
The implied motion of this image really makes it sing! I love the way you can see the intricate pattern and texture of the feathers and my only small criticism would be the white hot patches on both wing ends. If you could recover a little detail in those or tone them down just a bit I think it would really keep the eye's focus on those delicious feathers!

Joerg Rockenberger
06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Like it a lot. How cool would it be capturing the downward movement as a blur with the bird sharp at the end? Isn't it possible to do so with one of the flash curtain sync modes? Sorry don't really know what I am talking about but sure can see the picture in my head... :)

Congrats! JR

Fabs Forns
06-28-2008, 03:38 PM
My favorite thing about thie picture is the way he's looking at you in the middle of the descent. way cool!!!!

Alfred Forns
06-29-2008, 07:23 AM
I like it a lot Totally different and works very well for me !!! Particularly like the eyes sort of looking up !!!

Bill McCrystyn
07-05-2008, 07:11 AM
HI Rosi. Did you capture this one with your big gun, handheld I assume??