PDA

View Full Version : Georgian Bay

Andrew McLachlan
08-25-2018, 06:59 PM

Hoping this thread works. For many months I have been unable to post images to BPN. I am trying this one out by uploading through my cellphone data plan.

A recent image of sunset on Georgian Bay near Parry Sound, Ontario

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens at 18mm
Singh Ray 3-stop Reverse Grad Neutral Density Filter
ISO 100
F16 / 4 seconds

Don Railton
08-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Yep, thread does work and especially so the image.. This beautifully strong image I feel Andrew, I love the comp and especially note you have no doubt intentionally left a gap between the FG rock and the horizon. Keep those line clean & elements isolated..! I also think this would make a very good B&W. My only wonder is if you made the horizon straight (er). The curve does not bother me really but its more curved than the eye would notice if i were standing there..

Don

Steve Kaluski
08-26-2018, 01:44 AM
Hey buddy, great to see you back. :cheers:

A very tranquil and arresting shot Andrew. Although view on the laptop, I can see either the FG or horizon being darker to add more to the 'layering' of the scene and adding some more depth. I just wonder if the FG rocks are a tad too sharp? Like Don's thinking about B/W or even Selenium?

BTW Andrew, sizing has been updated and you can post bigger if you so wish or if your data pain allows you to upload larger files???

All the very best. :wave:

Steve

John Mack
08-26-2018, 04:13 PM
Very nice. Love those colors in the sky. The immediate foreground gives the image some nice depth.

Arthur Morris
08-26-2018, 04:34 PM
Ditto all the positives above. My very favorite part of the image is the completely still water in the pool.

with love, artie

Andrew McLachlan
08-26-2018, 06:53 PM
Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions folks...much appreciated!

Nikhil Patwardhan
08-30-2018, 09:41 PM
I like the composition and the color and as Artie said above the water in the pool, for some time I stared at the bottom half and wondered if these are really two images superimposed with the FG exposed for a shorter period! A very pleasing image.

Andrew McLachlan
08-31-2018, 08:49 AM
Thanks Nikhil...much appreciated...this is from one frame...the different textures in the water occured because the small pool is protected a bit from the larger body of water.

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Lovely scene, lovely colors Andrew. The slightly convex curve of the horizon adds a nice twist to the scene.

Krishna Prasad kotti
09-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Very Nice Image. I love the colors in the Sky and the water in the Foreground. I am tempted to see how it looks if we did Longer Exposure to smoothen the water in the Middle/Background as well.

Thanks for sharing.