08-23-2018, 03:37 PM
Taken from back garden hide,
Canon 5D IV Canon 500mm f4L IS II
Auto ISO 640 (-0.3) 1/1250 sec f8
All comments welcome.

Randy Stout
08-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Jon:

Good head angle on the tit, like the slight shadows on the breast, adds a bit of depth. It is interesting how my eye views this. Started with the tit, then slid back to the foliage, and then ran along the curved perch.

I might consider darkening the faint bank that leads out of the top middle of the frame. It tends to pull my eye up out of the frame after the above movements. Pretty subtle, but perhaps an option, even just the very top where it hits the frame edge.

Cheers

Randy

arash_hazeghi
08-24-2018, 01:26 AM
I like the design of this image nice HA too, I wish the light was coming from behind your neck with less shadows on the chest area. I'd blend in the vertical oof band in the center of the frame and also get rid of the dead twig.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
08-24-2018, 02:32 AM
Randy, Arash thank you for comments, I suspected you would suggest blending in the paler area, I nearly did I decided to leave it because it explains the other highlights. On reflection I think I will blend the area to reduce the banding effect.
BTW I made an error - I used the 500mm f4 L IS II - I have corrected the post.

Arthur Morris
08-24-2018, 08:10 AM
I like this one a lot. You might tone down the single very bright leaf (if that is what it is). Toning down the lighter swatch will be tricky ...

with love, artie

Stu Bowie
08-25-2018, 03:40 AM
Hi Jon, Good look back pose, and against a clean dark BG. The finer plumage detail on the bird shows up nicely, and I do like the blues on this fellow too.