PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly bear

William Currie
01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Mark !! N 300 F2,8 Shot @ 800Iso 1/500 F5.6

Jasper Doest
01-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Hi William, good having you here. Nice DOF and the composition works quite well with that branch in the water. However, the bear looks a bit too centered in frame to me. I'd like to suggest you post a larger photograph as this is a bit too small IMO. I'm looking forward to see more of your work here.

Arthur Morris
01-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Well done by Jasper (as usual). You simply needed to focus on the bear and then point your lens a bit more to the right. I love the soft light which is ideal for bears.

later and love, artie

William Currie
01-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Artie it was taken Nights Inlet B,C

D. Robert Franz
01-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I kind of like the image as is... Moving it a bit left in the frame would work but you would have more dead space for your eye to explore.. Good for editorial however.. The bear has an overall circular shape which is an extremely strong design element, it will dominate the frame. No doubt about your point of interest. The stump has some interest with it diagonal line and somewhat balances the comp.

Arthur Morris
01-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I humbly disagree with D Bob on this one. As is, the dead space is behind the animal... My eyes are begging for some space in front of the log. As for editorial space, many times an editor might contact you and ask, "Do you have a version with more space?"

My personal choices on framing are always made considering artistic concerns first and editorial concerns 2nd.

later and love to all, artie