PDA

View Full Version : Female Vermilion Flycatcher

Isaac Grant
08-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Since I have already posted the male, here is the female Vermilion Flycatcher in early morning light. I had to lower the quality of this pic to 81% and also sized it at 1550 just to meet the size restrictions so hope the quality shows like it does on the full res jpeg.

Canon 1dx mark ii and Canon 600 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. ISO 1250, F8, SS 1/1600

John Mack
08-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Nice frame. Image quality looks to have held up well to the resizing. Nice pose on the bird and perch.

annmpacheco
08-16-2018, 10:45 PM
Clean Isaac, I like the perch, the leaves, although i would have cleaned up some droppings... Nice details on the girl, i like the whiskers, sweet!

Isaac Grant
08-16-2018, 10:59 PM
Good eye Ann! You know I did not notice the 2 droppings on the left hand side. I actually did not clone anything in this shot at all, and it is just about full frame. All I did was take a touch off of the right hand side. I've really been trying to get my shots perfect in the field and not do any cloning or things like that. Not that I never do it but I try on the vast majority of them not to. Thanks!!!

Stu Bowie
08-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Hi Isaac, you nailed the perfect angled pose, tack sharp, and as you mentioned, sweet light. Nicely in the open with a killer clean upper BG. Im not sure how far the middle leaves were hanging down, but if not too much, I may have dropped the bottom of the frame to leave a slight gap below those leaves.

Isaac Grant
08-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Hey Stu. I agree 100% with you re the leaves. But I do not have them in the frame unfortunately. Bird landed there for a split second, posed and flew. Did not have the time to compose and get those leaves in the frame. If you look a week or so back I got the male on a close by perch in slightly different light. In that one he stayed a couple seconds longer and gave the time to compose and get the space between the leaves and the bottom of the frame.

Dorian Anderson
08-17-2018, 06:04 PM
This is really nice! I don't mind the incomplete leaves at the bottom at all. Makes it look like a proper in-field photo versus a set-up!

David Salem
08-21-2018, 02:35 AM
Man, the light and the details look awesome! Talk about DFC!! Doesn't get much better for a non setup shot. Well done Isaac