PDA

View Full Version : Powerful looking Kamtchatka Brown Bear

Andreas Liedmann
08-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Hi folks the next one ..from my bears .
Stunning action ...IMHO ....great low POV ...IMHO ....lovely smooth and clean FG and BG ...well this all is stunning , just a tiny bit too small in the frame and it is even cropped . So you all should know my wish .....:t3.

Nevertheless i post it ....hoping you somehow like it .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200 - 400 IS L with TC engaged at 526 mm
HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2018 ; cropped and leveled for comp . 66 % of FF - I am unsure about the placement of the subject ...many options for me.....!!! Just did not want him central so placed him on RHS in the frame.

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

John Mack
08-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Very nice. Your self critique is right on. You said this is cropped. I think it would have been awesome to get the bear with those nice splashes even closer and tighter in the frame. Say maybe dead center. I know that is easy said then done. Still hope to see more of these.

keith mitchell
08-17-2018, 02:26 AM
Andreas your last post of this Bear was very good but this one really does it for me,do like your cropping there must be a tendency to want to put the Bear into the middle,great job.

Keith.

haseeb badar
08-17-2018, 05:00 AM
Hi Andreas -- I would rather prefer it in the center and a tighter frame but I guess IQ will drop in getting a tighter frame. Nice timing on this one . TFS !

Dumay de Boulle
08-17-2018, 05:57 AM
Nice comp and pose...Lovely action captured....

Jonathan Ashton
08-17-2018, 07:54 AM
First class Andreas wonderful tonal range and clarity. I have reservations over composition, I think I would take a slice off the LHS.

Rachel Hollander
08-17-2018, 10:05 AM
Hi Andreas - It reminds me of Tin Man's and Chas's shots from Alaska. Fantastic action. Love the low pov but might take some off the bottom. I think you did a nice job controlling the hls of the splash and probably exposed for the splash but feel it has left the bear just a little dark. I would bring up the mid tones slightly if it were mine.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Greta action Andreas, I guess you should have used the 500+1.4X for this. I think Haseeb's crop option is a good one as the splash is symmetrical. The low POV and action is terrific.

Steve Kaluski
08-19-2018, 02:43 AM
Personally I think a central placement may have more impact.

TFS
Steve

Jay Shah
08-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Hi Andreas love the action, water splash, details, POV. I would have tried to life the eyes.

Andreas Liedmann
08-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Thanks to all of you,for your various comments . Much appreciated ....
Rachel i think i could lift the mid tones , thanks for the pointer .
Jay - well difficult to lift the eyes , will look odd i think under given situation .
To all of you regarding the placement of the bear ....still 50/50 of going central . :bg3:

Anyhow thanks for all your comments..Cheers Andreas

Andrew McLachlan
08-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Fabulous action...love the splashing water...I would also prefer the bear centered, however, this image has lots of negative space which would work great for editorial publications