PDA

View Full Version : Green-winged Pytilia

Robert Ainslie
08-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Green-backed Pytilia, Pafuri area, Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Canon 5d4; 500 F4; F4.5; 1/500; ISO 1250
Basic editing and cropping done.
Background seems a bit busy.

Any comments and/or recommendations will be appreciated.

Bill Dix
08-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Nice pose and detail on a pretty little bird. A little large in the frame for my taste but perhaps a good choice given the busy BG.

Isaac Grant
08-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Hi Robert, super nice bird here and not one I remember seeing posted before. Looks like the bird is on a bird bath as the rocks seem to be curved and uniform. I would prefer it on a natural perch. Also the bird is angled away from us and the back is out of focus. Would be better to have the whole bird on the focal plane. Details look good but the light looked a bit harsh. Always better to shoot in early morning or late evening light. I agree with Bill re the crop but given where it was I am not sure you had many options. Looking forward to more.

John Mack
08-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Neat looking bird you have here. Agree about it being too tight in the frame. Like the specular highlights on the left.

Dorian Anderson
08-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Beautiful bird in great light, but he's way too tight in the frame. I don't know if you have the canvas to give him more space, but I think that would help a lot. Otherwise I generally agree with the other suggestions.

Daniel Cadieux
08-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Beautiful bird with good details and colours as posted, but photographed in a tough spot that gave you limited options.

Arthur Morris
08-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Agree with the gang; lovely bird in a bad place ...

with love, artie