PDA

View Full Version : Mycena Pair

John Cooper
06-25-2008, 10:28 PM
A small spider was busy making web between the 2 caps as I photographed this pair of Mycena species:)

EOS 5, Canon 100mm macro, EOS 50, Flash x2, F22, Tripod.

Kaushik Balakumar
06-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Wow, beautiful - the 2 mushroom heads & a spider hanging on the thin web. The background is playing a major spoilsport here. If it were to be uniform & uncluttered, this would have been a much better image.

Julie Kenward
06-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Such a great piece of action going on! I, too, wish the BG was less cluttered or obtrusive - what aperture were you set on John?

Mike Moats
06-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey John, another nice shroom shot, the spider adds a nice touch on this one. Agree with others on the BG on this one.

Robert O'Toole
06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Sharpness and comp are nice, but the scan quality isnt at your normal level John. I am sure the slide looks great but the scan looks a bit washed out.

Robert

John Cooper
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Such a great piece of action going on! I, too, wish the BG was less cluttered or obtrusive - what aperture were you set on John?

Thanks Julie - To get both stem and cap in focus I am usually on F22. Yes, this does tend to bring some unwanted BG clutter into view - not one of my favourites :o.

Roman Kurywczak
06-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey John,
i just looked at this one just now............& w/o the comments. I suspect you may want to go and re-work the scan. Comp looks very good......but seems to be a lot of noise and contrast issues. maybe even a complete re-scan is in order...........been working on many of my old ones and have noticed many of the same issues!

John Cooper
06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Hey John,
i just looked at this one just now............& w/o the comments. I suspect you may want to go and re-work the scan. Comp looks very good......but seems to be a lot of noise and contrast issues. maybe even a complete re-scan is in order...........been working on many of my old ones and have noticed many of the same issues!

Fully agree Roman - however it was the only image where the spider was suspended in full view, but not really strong enough to carry the poor quality scan :(

Ed Vatza
06-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi John,

The background issues have been addressed so nothing there from me. I do really like the way the curvature of the stems bring me into the image. And the spider add a touch to the image.