PDA

View Full Version : Viceroy

Joseph Przybyla
08-01-2018, 07:07 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1600 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018
Cropped from horizontal to vertical for composition and presentation

Allen Sparks
08-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Hi Joseph,
I like the composition with the butterfly at the edge of the vegetation and looking out the frame. BG is nice. Viceroy seems to lack critical sharpness and I might clone out the spider's web below the butterfly.
Allen

Joseph Przybyla
08-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Hi Joseph,
I like the composition with the butterfly at the edge of the vegetation and looking out the frame. BG is nice. Viceroy seems to lack critical sharpness and I might clone out the spider's web below the butterfly.
Allen

Hi Allen, thank you for viewing and commenting. My mistake posting the image without sharpening. A quirk of going from Lightroom to Photoshop and back that I did not catch before posting. Here is the sharpened image with the spider web removed.

John Mack
08-02-2018, 06:42 AM
The repost in much better. You caught a nice view of this viceroy here. Like the composition.

Jonathan Ashton
08-04-2018, 03:16 AM
Jo the repost looks better but I am not seeing much detail in the butterfly, there is good detail in the surrounding leaves.
(Was the butterfly originally quite a bit underexposed so you didn't blow the whites???)