PDA

View Full Version : The White Princess

Gus Cobos
06-25-2008, 09:04 PM
This young lady resides at Crandon Park Gardens; she was gracefully swimming in one of the ponds in the late afternoon. She was painted with a Nikon D70s, using a Nikkor 300mm f/4D with a Nikkor 1.4T/C.

focal length @ 420mm / exposure mode @ aperature priority / matrix metering / 1/125sec. - f/13 / ISO @ 200
exposure comp @ +0.7 / white balance @ auto / AF Mode @ AF-C / color mode @ sRGB / tone comp @ 0 degrees / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / no speedlight / hand held.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Desmond Chan
06-26-2008, 01:39 AM
I like the details of the feather. Not sure if you could do anything to the eye. As for the composition, I'm not sure of it. I wonder if it would be better if it were shot either closer or farther away. As is, I think I would cut out some of the room on the left.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Good morning Gus!
Beautiful lady, as you rightly point out! I mght try cropping a lot from the right and a little from the bottom and the top, thus making the picture more of a study of the graceful neck. Also I think that I would tried to have taken the picture from a slightly lower angle - not always possible, I know!! Having said all this, I think that it is a lovely image
Regards,
Nicki

Oscar Zangroniz
06-26-2008, 06:22 AM
I liked it when you presented it to the class the other day. Only thing is that I can not make out the eye.
See you later.

Alfred Forns
06-26-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm thinking a slight change in contrast? Would love to see the bg a little brighter and smooth out the mixed light on the feathers. The head area looks a little darker.

I like the crop and eye contact Different crop and very appealing !!!

Nonda Surratt
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Lovely and graceful, agree about the eye.

Harold Davis
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
nice one, gus!! i would try to lighten the eye or put a catchlight in there. some contrast would make that water look even more awesome!!

Katie Rupp
06-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Gus, that's sort of a "come hither" look. I love the green water detail and the exposure on the wing feathers---agree the eye is a little lost.