PDA

View Full Version : incoming common tern

annmpacheco
07-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Lots of shooting action last week for me and I tried to frame terns w BG other than a blue ho hum sky... This tern returned to a hill's edge ( they are ground nesters) that was covered in an invasive radish weed covering, at times giving me a golden blur or a mixture of flowered stalks. DPP, levels, sharpening...

1Dx
840mm
ISO 800
1/5000

Joseph Przybyla
07-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Nice work, Ann... I think the radish weed plants and blossoms sets the image apart from the normal tern images. Whites, blacks, exposure and detail look good on my display. Thank you for sharing.

John Mack
07-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Overall a nice scene. Really like those flowers in the background. Nice pose on the tern as well.

Juan Tolentino
07-25-2018, 10:13 AM
Hello Ann,

Lovely pose, clear look at the eye. Not a deal breaker in any way, but I would try to make the yellow flowers less bright, if you are into that type of editing, and see if you like the results. This is an excellent frame, thanks a lot for sharing it.

Daniel Cadieux
07-25-2018, 11:20 AM
This is very appealing! Those flowers sure do add loads of interest. Good pose, comp, processing. A bit of a merge between the tail and FG flowers, but not a deal breaker by any means.

David Salem
07-28-2018, 10:08 AM
Nice one Ann!! The yellow flowers add a lot to the typical tern image. Details and exposure look good, showing that eye well, but the sun angle is pretty high leaving the belly shaded but it doesn't kill it for me. Very nice work.

William Dickson
07-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Looking real good Ann. The flowers add so much. Nice flight pose.

Will