PDA

View Full Version : Sedona Milky Way

Walker Noe
07-17-2018, 08:35 PM
This image was captured in Sedona, Arizona. The rock on the left is Courthouse Rock, and on the right is Bell Rock. That red object is Mars.

Nikon D750
Tamron 15-30 f2.8
30 seconds
f2.8
ISO 6400

John Mack
07-21-2018, 06:16 AM
Really like this. Nice to see some clouds in there with the stars. The stars on the right look like they are starting to trail but the ones of the left look points of light. Nice frame overall with a good foreground for sky.

Don Railton
07-21-2018, 09:07 PM
This is very nice Walker.. I like the FG hint of detail and the light (sunrise?) coming in from the right. I also see the stars becoming distinctly oval upper right and lower left... I think you could push the sky a little harder for a bit more pop..

Colin Driscoll
07-29-2018, 04:33 AM
Overall a pleasing shot Walker. The starts are showing some trailing but you can fix that to a large extent, have a look at Neat Image https://ni.neatvideo.com/ which has an option to reduce motion blur by angle of movement and pixel amount. I had a go at your pic and it reduced almost every star to pinpoints. I suspect there is some lens distortion as well because the big rock is sloping in and pics I have seen of that place don't show that.