PDA

View Full Version : Theme A waterhole Scene

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Some Zebras & WBs hang around a water hole in Serengeti, TZ.
5D III
100-400 II @ 135mm
1/1250
f/8
ISO 800

Gabriela Plesea
07-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Lovely scene Sanjeev, the reflection in the water a nice bonus. Well composed too. I gather this is almost FF?

I guess it would also work well as a pano without the water. It's just the zebra in the top right corner that bothers me a bit ( I feel like to go there and turn it around:bg3:). I do like the WB looking back though, their presence adds more interest.

What this image needs - I think - is a bit of vibrance. And some more depth. The grass could be greener and the water a tad more blue. I would also do a simple linear curve on the zebra to help them stand out more.

I look forward to everyone's comments here, let see what they have to say:w3 Now I must go process something of my own I think, haven't posted in a long time:tinysmile_shy_t:

Enjoy your evening Sanjeev, and thank you for sharing - your contribution to this forum is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

John Mack
07-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Pretty neat frame here. I like how almost all the zebras are looking towards you. The reflection is nice as well.

haseeb badar
07-16-2018, 04:21 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- A very nice , shows the essence of Africa ! The first thing that distracted me was the Zebra in the bkg showing its backside, i feel it should go. On the other hand the wildebeest's are a nice addition. Agree with Gabriela on more greener grass and bluish water. I also would like to see a RP with a slight linear curve adjustment on the Zebra's as mentioned above.

A nice scene.
TFS !

Rachel Hollander
07-16-2018, 06:56 AM
Hi Sanjeev - As the others have said, a very nice waterhole scene ang good that most of the zebras are looking in your direction. The wildebeests definitely add to the image. Good suggestions by Gabriela to take this up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel