PDA

View Full Version : Theme Red-winged Blackbird (m) Juvenile

Joseph Przybyla
07-13-2018, 09:51 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 800 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018, smoothed out the background in a few areas
Cropped for composition and presentation

Alex Becker
07-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Great perch and BG. I really like the pose, although in a perfect world I would wish that near wing was up further as well. Catchlight is nice. I see a bit of blue in the blacks on the far wing. TFS

Walker Noe
07-13-2018, 10:31 PM
Looks quite sharp, with a good BG. Well done flight shot. Agree with Alex re wing position.

John Mack
07-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Nice pose, nice background and a nice perch. Nice frame you have caught here.

Joseph Przybyla
07-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Great perch and BG. I really like the pose, although in a perfect world I would wish that near wing was up further as well. Catchlight is nice. I see a bit of blue in the blacks on the far wing. TFS

Hi Alex, the blue/black that shows in the far wing is the black color of the adult male Red-winged Blackbird. This is a juvenile transitioning to an adult, the red also shows on the front of the wings that will become the red patches on the wings of the adult. Thank you for viewing and commented, very much appreciated.