PDA

View Full Version : Southern Hawker

Jonathan Ashton
07-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Tripod Canon 5D IV Canon 180mm ISO 500, 1/250 sec f11
ACR + PSCC

Thanks to my wife Pam she spotted this newly emerged dragonfly, quite frankly I would have missed it. The larva had crawled up a single grass stem to pupate and emerge, it had not occurred to me to look at something so flimsy. I tried multiple images to try to get a clear background, this was the best I could manage, the camera was about 2" above water level.

John Mack
07-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Now this is the type of shot i have always wanted to get. The comp is nice and the detail is great. I would have tried a diffuser to soften the light some.

Jonathan Ashton
07-12-2018, 03:20 AM
Thanks John, I agree a diffuser would have helped very much indeed, I must get round to rigging something up.......... I am kicking myself now I have just remembered I bought a white diffuser umbrella a couple of years ago, I'll dig it out.

Joseph Przybyla
07-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Very nice, capturing a moment in the life of a dragonfly. Everything looks good to me. A slight reverse tone curve would soften the light. Thank you for sharing, Jon.

Allen Sparks
07-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Hi Jon,
Terrific behavioral capture. Light already noted. Still a strong image with nice details.
Allen

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-15-2018, 10:19 PM
Very Different image. I agree with the Diffuser, it would certainly help the image.

TFS