PDA

View Full Version : The Bane of Outdoor Photographers

Bruce Murden
06-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Sure, the light is great in the evening just before sunset for going out to photograph the wild- & not-so-wild-flowers in my yard, but there always seems to be an uninvited guest or thousand.

At least I'm not in Minnesota, or this image would have to be in the Avian category!

Julie Kenward
06-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I'd have to say its a tied between those little rascals and SWEAT running into your eyes while you try to compose an image! That is so infuriating!!!

Mike Moats
06-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey Bruce, cool shot, just needs a little sharpening in the head and eyes. I might bump up the contrast and make him pop more.

Bruce Murden
06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Too late, Mike. My hand made him pop.

I actually added a bit of sharpening already. It was tough to focus with one hand while in a hurry to get the shot. You'll notice his front right leg (camera left) is in focus. More sharpening made it too noisy, and I figured this was good enough to give our members a good laugh.

Mike Moats
06-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Bruce, you mean you can't hold the camera, focus, and press the triger with one hand.:confused: :D

Roman Kurywczak
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey Bruce,
Agree with Mike on softness.......but you have given me an idea to try these.......now if I can only get a blood sucking volunteer..........that noise you heard was my kids running screaming! Chickens.

Robert O'Toole
06-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey those are some weird looking weeds around the no-see-um...

Agreed with all the others on the critiques.

Robert

Steve Maxson
06-28-2008, 04:53 PM
What, you only had one in the frame?! In MN right now we would be taking flock shots of these guys. :) :(

Mike Lentz
06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Sure, the light is great in the evening just before sunset for going out to photograph the wild- & not-so-wild-flowers in my yard, but there always seems to be an uninvited guest or thousand.

At least I'm not in Minnesota, or this image would have to be in the Avian category!

That is correct sir!! :(:eek: