PDA

View Full Version : Theme Red Bishop's song

Tobie Schalkwyk
07-03-2018, 12:41 PM

A Red Bishop in breeding colors singing to its heart's content - and try to make up with a feather display for whatever it can not achieve by song.

D600 + Tamron 150-600 G2 @ 600mm
f/8 | 1/500s | 1100 ISO | Beanbag

Daniel Cadieux
07-03-2018, 01:00 PM
I love the puffed up chest feathers, very neat! This fella is looking like a fancy Bobolink. Good BG. I do wish for a bit more room below for the comp, did you take some zoomed-out more, or even verticals?

Tobie Schalkwyk
07-03-2018, 01:12 PM
I love the puffed up chest feathers, very neat! This fella is looking like a fancy Bobolink. Good BG. I do wish for a bit more room below for the comp, did you take some zoomed-out more, or even verticals?

Thanks for commenting Daniel! Unfortunately this particular shot only has a slither of extra space at the bottom and in the other shots with more space he was not looking into the camera or he was less puffed up. I guess I can crop him a little different to balance top & bottom out more:

Daniel Cadieux
07-03-2018, 01:24 PM
That extra space is much better. I imagine you wanted to eliminate the imperfections at the bottom by cropping up. If so, you can clone/patch/content-aware it out (or a combo of these).

Tobie Schalkwyk
07-03-2018, 01:36 PM
That extra space is much better. I imagine you wanted to eliminate the imperfections at the bottom by cropping up. If so, you can clone/patch/content-aware it out (or a combo of these).

LOL! I was a little lazy and now you make me pay for it! :t3

Walker Noe
07-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Tobie, repost looks killer. Love the depth in the blacks and the rest of the colors look good.

John Mack
07-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Very neat looking bird. The fluffed up look is great. The repost are much better in terms of room.

Isaac Grant
07-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Tobie this is an awesome species that I have seen in South Africa. You have a great singing and puffed up pose. These birds are a nightmare to expose for. You don't have enough details in your blacks, especially the near flank. The orange at the base of the face looks over saturated to me as well. The whites on the base of the perch are too hot as well. I would see if you could revisit the raw and try and fix some of those issues.