PDA

View Full Version : Long-tailed Fiscal

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-17-2018, 09:58 AM
From Ngorongoro Conservation area, Tanzania, Africa.
5D Mark iV
500mm
1/5000
f/6.3
ISO 800

Alex Becker
06-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Beautiful perch BG and pose from this bird. I love the color scheme. My only suggestion would be less room on the right and more on the left. TFS

gail bisson
06-17-2018, 02:56 PM
Very nice.
Blacks and whites look good.
Great BG and IQ.I might increase the saturation in the reds in the BG just to add a bit of color to compliment the bird even more.
The perch size suits the bird and I like the way the end splays open and the feet are curled around the end.
Gail

Steve Kaluski
06-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Hi Sanjeev, nice frame with the new toy, not much to set-up after the 1DX, but you will notice the additional px amount.

The B&W's look well controlled perhaps a hint less on the whites in one area but just a personal touch. Focus is where it should be and I quite like the shallow DoF. Like the curvature of the perch and killer backdrop although I would remove the bird poo.

Be interest to here how you got on with the amount of sharp keepers, as to me it needs two AFMA's for both static and moving and no I didn't get one, I'm holding fire for the moment, last minute decision, but trust you got the battery grip, that is a MUST!

TFS
Steve

John Mack
06-17-2018, 05:52 PM
Really neat perch here. Detail on the bird looks good. Excellent background as well.

Joseph Przybyla
06-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Hi Sanjeev, beautiful bird, nicely shown. Wonderful perch, perfect background, exposure on the blacks and whites look good. Thank you for sharing.

Glenn Pure
06-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Beautiful work, Sanjeev. The processing and detail in this are superb, especially love the eye and the subtle catchlight. Rounded off with a great perch and background. I could see this working as a vertical composition too. Regardless, wish it was mine and thanks for sharing.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Thanks all for your kind comments. Steve, the AF is better than the 7D II and there is occasional mis focus with BIF and rarely while tracking. Will get the battery grip.

Steve Kaluski
06-19-2018, 02:49 AM
Steve, the AF is better than the 7D II and there is occasional mis focus with BIF and rarely while tracking. Will get the battery grip.

So it should be Sanjeev, but remember - tracking as I have said before is different going left to right compared to subjects coming towards you and so your camera set-up will be different. Get a Canon make, OK expensive, but third party may NOT be as reliable and 'could' go up, the 5D does eat battery life without it and Canon were doing a deal with it for FREE.