PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher timing

Tobie Schalkwyk
06-09-2018, 05:42 AM
The shutter did its thing at exactly the right moment - with a bit of luck. The 11h00 sun is never one's best friend with B&W birds like this Pied Kingfisher!

D600 + Tamron 150-600 G2 @ 600mm
f/6.3 | 1/1000s | 200 ISO | Beanbag
Standard LR adjustments

John Mack
06-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Great timing. You caught a very nice moment in time here. Like the composition and the prey of course.

Walker Noe
06-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Tobie,

Tough lighting conditions for sure. You did well here, and I like the BG. The bird looks just a touch oversharpened on my monitor, and the out of focus branch bothers me just a tad. Not sure if that could be avoided with a larger depth-of-field or if it's just an oddly-angled branch. Well done.

Tobie Schalkwyk
06-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Tobie,

Tough lighting conditions for sure. You did well here, and I like the BG. The bird looks just a touch oversharpened on my monitor, and the out of focus branch bothers me just a tad. Not sure if that could be avoided with a larger depth-of-field or if it's just an oddly-angled branch. Well done.

Thanks for commenting Walker! I have already turned sharpening way down because of the sharpened look of this bird (an old problem when snapping them!). :S3: