PDA

View Full Version : Common Daisy

Daniel Grossi
06-04-2018, 11:18 AM

This is new territory for me, but getting out of my comfort zone (long lenses and birds) has been quite a learning experience.

Nikon D850
Nikkor 200mm f/4D Micro
Nikon R1C1 Speedlight
ProMaster Monopod | Induro BHM1S

1/200 | f/11 | ISO-64 | Matrix
LR/PS | 13% 3:2 Crop
Cleveland, Ohio | May 2018
Clear Sky | Very Hot | Noon

Allen Sparks
06-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Hi Daniel,
I like the straight up look at this daisy and the slightly off center composition. Pops nicely against the background. As a nit, I might clone out the white specks to the right of the flower. Well done.
Allen

Daniel Grossi
06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Hi Daniel,
I like the straight up look at this daisy and the slightly off center composition. Pops nicely against the background. As a nit, I might clone out the white specks to the right of the flower. Well done.
Allen

Thanks Allen

Daniel Grossi
06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Here's what my setup looked like.

John Mack
06-04-2018, 01:57 PM
This is pretty good for a new territory for you. Good detail on the flower and the dark background is nice. You handle the harsh light very well. I could see a square crop of this.

Jonathan Ashton
06-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Very nice in deed, I like the slightly off centre composition, the flash worked well ( I am a little puzzled why it was necessary if it was midday and you were shooting downward? I am guessing there were shadows?). The whites are just about perfect you have capture lovely texture/detail in the petals. Really looking forward to seeing more from you Daniel!!

Daniel Grossi
06-05-2018, 12:36 PM
This is pretty good for a new territory for you. Good detail on the flower and the dark background is nice. You handle the harsh light very well. I could see a square crop of this.

Thanks John!

Daniel Grossi
06-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Very nice in deed, I like the slightly off centre composition, the flash worked well ( I am a little puzzled why it was necessary if it was midday and you were shooting downward? I am guessing there were shadows?). The whites are just about perfect you have capture lovely texture/detail in the petals. Really looking forward to seeing more from you Daniel!!

Thanks Jonathan! I was being greedy with the flash. I really wanted to use ISO-64 and f/11+.