PDA

View Full Version : Hidden

Krishna Prasad kotti
05-28-2018, 04:26 PM
This image was taken at Big Cottonwood Canyon, UT

This was taken during my hike to Desolation Lake. Unfortunately I was not able to complete the hike due to fading light, it starting to rain, but I was able to take this image on the way.

Nikon D850, 24-120 f/4
ISO 1250, f/6.3, 1/125 sec
Hand Held with Circular Polarizer on
Manual Mode, Matrix Metering

Post Processing:-

In my opinion Image had some Yellow cast, due to circular polarizer
I removed the same in post
Nik 30-30 Filter at 90% opacity.

Hope you like it

Thanks
Krishna

Bill Dix
05-29-2018, 08:53 AM
Love the cabin tucked into the woods. Good thinking to go vertical to include the mountains for context. Too bad you couldn't complete the hike.

Don Railton
05-29-2018, 10:01 PM
Hi krishna

Like the composition and context for the cabin, well seen.. and I love mountain shots.. I think you could lift the image a little by adding a bit of contrast and reducing the brightness to the top of the image only (use a graduated mask..) and a bit of global mid tone contrast.. (pull the centre of a curves layer down..).. Have a play and see what you think..

Don

Krishna Prasad kotti
05-30-2018, 06:32 AM
Hi krishna

Like the composition and context for the cabin, well seen.. and I love mountain shots.. I think you could lift the image a little by adding a bit of contrast and reducing the brightness to the top of the image only (use a graduated mask..) and a bit of global mid tone contrast.. (pull the centre of a curves layer down..).. Have a play and see what you think..

Don

Thank you for the suggestion.

Reposting the image with the changes. Not sure if I succeeded.

John Mack
07-16-2018, 08:09 PM
I bet these folks have quite neighbors. Very nice scene here. Love the vertical comp.

Walker Noe
07-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Cool scene and frame Krishna. I definitely agree with Don's comments. Repost is a bit better but still a white sky. Thanks for sharing.