PDA

View Full Version : Snow Goose Landing.

Daniel Cadieux
05-27-2018, 11:29 AM
A couple of weeks ago I got to spend a couple of productive outings with big flocks of Snow Geese congregating in corn fields, only 10 minutes from home. I was photographing from a country-roadside ditch as the incoming flock continued to grow towards the road, which gave me eye-level views of the approaches. I felt blessed, as these guys are normally hundreds of yards in fields. Despite the nice light I kept the ISO at 800 for additional SS as the wind was quite blustery and pushing hard against the lens barrel.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/4000s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the composition, a couple of paler vertical oof tree trunks cloned out form the background.

Krishna Prasad kotti
05-27-2018, 11:47 AM
Very nicely composed and executed Image. Love the wing position.

Thanks for sharing

Doug Brown
05-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Classic landing pose, with great image detail and nice whites. I like the geese at the bottom of the frame.

John Mack
05-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Nice pose on the landing goose. The background is very nice. What makes the image for me is the geese along the bottom of the frame.

Debapratim Saha
05-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Beautiful landing pose to join the flock and well positioned within the frame.

Glenn Pure
05-29-2018, 12:59 AM
I personally find these types of shots very difficult to pull off well - but think you have done so here, Dan. Getting the birds on the ground looking interested and with some in focus along with the airborne bird is not easy. And getting a good pose on the flying bird as well. Very nicely handled whites with good brightness but good detail as well. Lot's to like here.