PDA

View Full Version : Theme Harvest Mouse.

keith mitchell
05-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Nikon D4
Nikon 300mm 2.8
1/500@f8
iso 1600

Thanks for taking a look and your comments and tips on my last post.

Roger Smith
05-25-2018, 04:04 PM
I'm in love with this image. Fantastic, sorry no critique from me here. Just love that little curled tail visible in the branch. Great job.

Steve Kaluski
05-27-2018, 04:26 AM
Hi Keith, no denying you are nailing these with good execution, nicely framed and although simplistic, quite often very hard to pull off. :cheers:

- I still think your SS will cause you issues, just a fraction of movement of the stem or subject and the image will be off
- WB on the JPEG you are looking at say +8 Temp +20 Tint, then you can adjust accordingly
- The image appears light, I would drop the exposure by a third of a stop or less, add some Contrast, Shadows and a tad of Black
- Control the brighter elements with a simple Curves adjustment and you begin to start to pull back the detail in the 'perch' and ultimately in the flowers. Remember you are truing to create a 3D image from a 2D capture.

Overall this is another 'cool' image Keith, but watch for some dust bunnies on the sensor top left.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
05-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Hi Keith - I added the theme prefix for you. It's the isolation of subject and the pop of color from the buds that combine so well here for me. I like Steve's adjustments to the bg and the stem but think that the mouse itself is a little too dark so somewhere between your post and the rp for the mouse. I agree with Steve about the ss. Keep them coming, you have a few more days to enter more theme images.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
05-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Another cracking image Keith, Steve's RP has given the pop required, although I'd prefer the overall tones/colour a tad lighter.

TFS

Geoffrey Montagu
05-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Great capture, Keith. Wonderful pose and love the tail wrapped around the stem. I agree with Rachel in splitting the difference between Steve's rp and your original, re degree of exposure. Well done.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

keith mitchell
05-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Thank you Roger I very much appreciate your kind words,Steve thanks for that ,with the Mouse itself maybe in between would be the way I see it,did wonder about the flowers on mine they look like they are missing something which you have put right,noted your other tips and thanks for them.Rachel thanks for the theme absent minded of me it must be the shock of seeing my wife's credit card after her trip to that city of yours ,she has not stopped talking about it.I will try to find another before this months theme ends,thanks for your view on this image.Thank you Marc very much appreciate your views.Thanks a lot Geoffrey for your comment I learn from it all.

Keith.

John Mack
05-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Very nice. Like the diagonal flower perch and the pose of the mouse.

keith mitchell
05-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Thank you John very much appreciated.

Keith.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Steve's comments are always so educational. I keep on being amazed at the depth of his knowledge.
I will mention dust spots (naughty!) and if you have a larger original file to work with, I'd make it more of a 3:2 crop for the final presentation.
I would crop just above the big bud above the mouse and to the left of the stem, then leave room underneath and to the left to see a smaller mouse
in the upper right ROT area and the gorgeous pink flowers too and more space.
I would not mind the mouse smaller in the frame. It is such an endearing subject you are working with. I am kind of jealous. LOL
THanks for sharing! :)

haseeb badar
05-30-2018, 01:03 PM
Hi Keith -- Pretty late on this but loved the moment and the settings . Steve's RP definitely takes this one up a few notches but a fantastic frame and a very cute subject . Well done . TFS !

keith mitchell
06-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Thanks a lot Akos and Haseeb I very much appreciate you looking and comments.

Keith.