PDA

View Full Version : Cub bonding

Steve Kaluski
05-24-2018, 08:14 AM
These 'born' killers look so sweet at this age, but are the ultimate killing machine in later life. Just love the was the LH cub's nose is compressed and squashed as the other cub comes in to build on the bonding aspect.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Lion cubs (Panthera leo) greeting & bonding
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/1600s at f/5.6 ISO1600
Original format: Landscape, almost FF
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2018

Jay Shah
05-24-2018, 10:17 AM
Steve I think WB is off !?! Of course, I am kidding. OMG. What a wonderful moment captured to perfection. On a serious note, you do need to post something for us to make a critical comment !!

Steve Kaluski
05-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Glad you liked it Jay, no pressure for next time then. :bg3:

Gabriela Plesea
05-24-2018, 03:00 PM
A very good evening to you Steve,

I am loving this! And especially the squishy nose from the cub on the LHS... Looks as if they are kissing, those little ones:S3:

Very special moment skilfully captured, nice techs, well exposed, perfect framing, colours and tonality spot-on. Beautiful detail on the cubs' faces.

Glad the subjects' eyes are closed, the effect is one of emotion and tenderness. And you are right, they eventually become killing machines, but this kind of affection will remain constant throughout their lives, such strong is the bond between siblings.

I just love the emotional content here. As well as cuteness factor. You made my evening, thank you so much for sharing :5

Warmest regards,

Rachel Hollander
05-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Hi Steve - A beautiful, tender moment, well captured. I too like the squished nose and the slightly raised paw as the one on the left steps into the greeting. You handled the dappled light well.

TFS,
Rachel

Alex Becker
05-24-2018, 08:34 PM
As mentioned a really nice moment and I love the bump of the two noses. I like the chosen crop and the exposure and detail is great. I didn't realize how much striping these guys had on their legs. As with your previous image I like the texture you pulled our in the foreground. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
05-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Steve you blow me away with the fur texture, it is remarkable just how well you portray it in your images. Exposure colours and composition look spot on to me:5

keith mitchell
05-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Beautiful job Steve,all looks nice and sharp but still a super texture on the fur.

Keith.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-29-2018, 05:36 PM
The squished nose Steve. What a wonderful moment you had captured.
TFS

haseeb badar
05-30-2018, 01:24 PM
HI Steve -- A lovely moment , that squished nose just takes this image to another level. Great details and IQ is terrific as usual. Loved the lighting as well. nicely done, TFS !