PDA

View Full Version : Theme Yellow Billed Duck

Stu Bowie
05-19-2018, 12:44 PM
I have been battling with our internet connection all week, so not very productive for trying to upload material - very very slow, and frustrating. Here is a Yellow Billed Duck I captured in Cape Town flying across the golf course on the opposite side of the Milnerton Lagoon. Maybe flying slightly away from me. Taken early enough to qualify for the monthly theme.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 300mm F/2.8mm +2X TC = 600mm
1/2000
F/6.3
ISO 640

Hand Held

John Mack
05-19-2018, 01:34 PM
Looks like it is just starting to angle away. Nice frame though. Like the composition with the bird small. Nice light.

William Dickson
05-20-2018, 11:06 AM
Nice light here Stu and lovely detail on the bird. I would try a wee bit more cropped from both RHS and LHS. Love the greens on the wing, and the flight pose. Would look great printed and hanging on your local golf club wall :S3:.

Will

gail bisson
05-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear about the internet issues.
I like everything about this except that he is angled a bit away from you.
The green on the wing looks good,
Gail

Glenn Pure
05-20-2018, 06:36 PM
The small-in-the-frame approach drew my attention to this one, Stu. The bird and that green speculum is really striking and pops so well. Your handling of tone and detail on the same are great. The early light doesn't come through very strongly. For me, the background needs to be less detailed and soft to work with this type of shot though, but just a personal taste.

Stu Bowie
05-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-24-2018, 06:44 AM
Really nice flight shot Stu. I think I'll check this spot out when we are in CT in July. Looks promising.

Love the separation from the BG in this. The colours pop too! TFS