PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

John Mack
05-15-2018, 05:57 AM
Same eagle as yesterday different pose. This image was created at Montezuma national wildlife refuge in Tyre, New York on 4/16/18 at 10:19AM. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Medium Crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 3200
f6.3
1/500sec

Steve Kaluski
05-15-2018, 06:38 AM
Much prefer the previous posting John, both in terms of composition and PP. The head looks crunchy and dark and why is the end of the 'perch' more saturated than the other half bleeding out of frame? It's not through being wet, my feeling is more of a masking POV which I think a Saturation adj, but if so, I just think it's too much, but it depends on what you wish to portray. Either close to the moment of capture (subject to recollection) or a more pushy saturated image which some folk prefer?

TFS
Steve

John Mack
05-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Much prefer the previous posting John, both in terms of composition and PP. The head looks crunchy and dark and why is the end of the 'perch' more saturated than the other half bleeding out of frame? It's not through being wet, my feeling is more of a masking POV which I think a Saturation adj, but if so, I just think it's too much, but it depends on what you wish to portray. Either close to the moment of capture (subject to recollection) or a more pushy saturated image which some folk prefer?

TFS
Steve

Thanks Steve, I did push the blacks and saturation here. I have more From this day that I will post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Kaluski
05-15-2018, 08:29 AM
Thanks Steve, I did push the blacks and saturation here. I have more From this day that I will post.

As I said John, it just depends on the direction you want to take the image in it's final presentation. As you know only too well, I've said my bit numerous times, (not just with you) :w3, so enough, but the more Black & Contrast you add the more you will reduce your detail as you work within LR. Also, never reduce any Midtone, you will only kill detail.