PDA

View Full Version : Mourning Dove Portrait.

Daniel Cadieux
05-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Taken from m car, this individual was perched atop a post, with a dry grass field as the background. It had just stopped raining, with remnant water beads still remaining on the dove's back.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4 TC III, manual exposure,e valuative metering, 1/320s., f/8, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, deepened the blacks via burn tool.

gail bisson
05-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Very nice portrait with your standard excellent IQ. Perfect HA.
The BG color is a bit unusual and compliments the bird nicely (the orange matches the orange in the neck perfectly!).
I really like the water drops on the back.
A common bird beautifully photographed,
Gail

Arthur Morris
05-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Sweet bird, sweet BKGR, and sweet photo. Given how common they are across North America it is surprising how difficult it is to make an excellent image -- like this one.

with love, artie

John Mack
05-11-2018, 12:55 PM
Very nice. Great background love the raindrops on the back. Good detail.

Krishna Prasad kotti
05-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Beautiful Image. Nice soft feel. I like the background and the water droplets.

TFS

Stu Bowie
05-12-2018, 04:13 AM
Hi Dan, I'm glad you pointed your lens towards this subject. We tend to bypass them as being 'common', but a lot of Doves and Pigeons are very attractive, and in flight too. I like the leaning forward pose, nice soft light, and excellent detail throughout.

Joseph Przybyla
05-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Nice portrait, beautiful complimenting colors on the dove and background. Techs spot on as always. Hard to accept that in some parts of the US these birds are hunted. Thank you for sharing, Dan.