PDA

View Full Version : Theme Perched Osprey

Mike Poole
05-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Maybe not the sweetest of light, but it was dawn in Florida so its good enough for me. One from the mighty impressive Blue Cypress Lake

Canon 1dx
500mm f4is
ISO 3200
1/1000th f4

Mike

gail bisson
05-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Great BG, light and IQ. Love the curved perch with the nice bit of foliage below. Nice POV.
Bird color seems a bit red to my eye but it may have been the light. Will trust you to correct if not the case!
Nice look back as well,
Gail

John Mack
05-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Gave you the nice look back pose. The curved perch is neat. Background is great.

Paul Burdett
05-06-2018, 12:10 AM
Hi Mike. Amazing photo...love the clarity and detail. Is this the 1DX mark 1 or 2?

annmpacheco
05-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Nice composition Mike, I too see a red cast, easy fix, lovely HA and I like the perch and cypress. Well done TFS

arash_hazeghi
05-06-2018, 06:13 PM
nice look back, and a classic lake blue cypress setup. the feather texture seems a bit compromised by the high ISO NR.

TFS

Isaac Grant
05-07-2018, 12:41 PM
I like the look back pose and the setting. Light is nice but I think the colors are off on the bird. and it had a strong red/blue/magenta cast. I did the following
Reduced the reds on the bird -25, blues -50, magenta -50
Reduced the reds on the background -10 and that took the cast off of the brach
ran NR on the background
Added some blacks to the bird
Used detail extractor on the bird with some tonal contrast just to try and bring out more details
Ran light NR on bird
Smart sharpened bird .3 and 70 to offset the NR

You could mess with it more to get a little more of the feeling of early morning light without the strong color cast but I left as is as it is hard to do so much work on the downsized image.

Glenn Conlan
05-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Great image Mike, I like everything about it If the dawn light added to the color cast I would leave it as is. Very special perch and your POV was excellent

Mike Poole
05-09-2018, 11:14 AM
I like the look back pose and the setting. Light is nice but I think the colors are off on the bird. and it had a strong red/blue/magenta cast. I did the following
Reduced the reds on the bird -25, blues -50, magenta -50
Reduced the reds on the background -10 and that took the cast off of the brach
ran NR on the background
Added some blacks to the bird
Used detail extractor on the bird with some tonal contrast just to try and bring out more details
Ran light NR on bird
Smart sharpened bird .3 and 70 to offset the NR

You could mess with it more to get a little more of the feeling of early morning light without the strong color cast but I left as is as it is hard to do so much work on the downsized image.

Nice composition Mike, I too see a red cast, easy fix, lovely HA and I like the perch and cypress. Well done TFS

Great BG, light and IQ. Love the curved perch with the nice bit of foliage below. Nice POV.
Bird color seems a bit red to my eye but it may have been the light. Will trust you to correct if not the case!
Nice look back as well,
Gail

Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks Isaac for the detailed RP. I appreciate there is a cast over the bird, hopefully this (unprocessed) shot taken a few minutes earlier as I left the jetty may answer a couple of questions. My shot was at 180 degrees to this shot

Mike

Mike Poole
05-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Hi Mike. Amazing photo...love the clarity and detail. Is this the 1DX mark 1 or 2?

Thanks Paul, this this is the 1dx mark1

Mike