PDA

View Full Version : Theme Marbled Godwit take-off.

gail bisson
05-03-2018, 06:28 AM
My 10,000th post!!
Just back from a 5 week stay in SW Florida. This is my 6th year going to Florida in the spring and I have to say that every year it seems like there are less and less birds at "the usual haunts". The birds also seem to be behind in their breeding colors. Fort DeSoto and Alafia Banks were particularly quiet. There are still lots of opportunities though!
Taken 30 minutes before sunset. Would have liked a bit more room in front of the godwit but it is what it is!
Canon 1 DX
600mm and 1.4 X
ISO 400 SS 1/3200 F 5.6
Almost full frame with a bit off the left and bottom.
Image was underexposed by 1/2 stop otherwise processed in LR with usual sliders, NR and levels in Photoshop and USM to JPEG.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks!
I will comment on other images tomorrow so I can enjoy the 10,000 on my thumbnail for a day or so!

Michael Thompson
05-03-2018, 07:59 AM
Great take off scene with nice feather detail, golden light, and nice low angle.

Joseph Przybyla
05-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Lovely image, Gail. Nice take off pose, light wonderful, color and detail good. A very cold January kind of messed things up this year, most nights were near freezing or below. Thank you for sharing.

Stu Bowie
05-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Hi Gail, big congrats on your 10k - your participation is appreciated. I really like your low perspective, and what a great view of the raised wing. The feather detail shows up nicely, sharp, and lovely light for this month's theme.

Looks like you will have plenty to share from your trip.

Gerald Kelberg
05-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Congratulations on 10,000 posts and a beautiful image to celebrate it with.

I love the forward motion of the bird and the beautiful underwing feather detail - at full stretch.

Thanks for sharing so much!

Daniel Cadieux
05-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Ah, welcome to the BPN quintuple digit club! Beautiful parallel take-off pose, and the fully stretched wings could not have been better. Welcome back north too!

Isaac Grant
05-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Love the take off pose and the light. Details on the wings look great. Nice to have you back. Looking forward to another 10,000. I would move the bird a little further left in the frame and give it some room to fly into. Also I think the head would benefit from a little more sharpening.

William Dickson
05-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Very well done Gail..This is looking fabulous. love the colours throughout and what a great looking pose. Agree about moving the bird more to the left.

Love it.

Will

Juan Tolentino
05-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Gail, love the fully extended wings, the details, pose, head angle and of course the sweet light. Really nice. Congrats on the 10k...keep them coming...your comments are always great.

Randy Rimland
05-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Alafia was slow for me also (1st and 3rd weeks of March) but Ft Desoto was very active. Have you been to Bunche Beach ?

Feather detail is superb as is the pose

Mike Poole
05-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Perfect timing on this take off Gail, and in such great light too. I would consider moving her a bit further left in the frame.

Mike

gail bisson
05-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Alafia was slow for me also (1st and 3rd weeks of March) but Ft Desoto was very active. Have you been to Bunche Beach ?

Feather detail is superb as is the pose
I was at Bunche 5 times. First 2 times were excellent, 3rd and 4th time good and the 5th time was a total bust.
Gail

gail bisson
05-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Thanks to all for commenting. I would love to have more room in front of the bird but this is all I had. I could add canvas but I would have to add a heck of a lot.
Gail

David Salem
05-08-2018, 01:22 AM
I almost missed this one! Looks awesome Gail and the pose really creates drama and action. Lovely underwings details and colors too. Well done and congrats on 10,000!! A huge milestone. Look forward to many more