PDA

View Full Version : Theme Evening Eagle

Michael Thompson
05-02-2018, 10:56 PM
I was out shooting some loons and ducks in the golden light, when this Bald Eagle started circling and swooped down. I thought there was going to be some serious drama about to happen with a duck or grebe, but the Eagle opted for a smaller meal and nabbed this black bullhead instead. I was lucky to get this shot off just as he caught the light for a split second. Canon 7Dll 100-400ll 1.4xll 520 mm f8, 500 iso 1/1250

Gerald Kelberg
05-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Hi Mike,
Cool capture - must have been a real thriller!

I think you have some issues with your post production. To me it looks as though the noise reduction is a bit heavy. And likewise, the sharpening - in particular the halo on the beak.
The feet and the fish look very crunchy - not sure what happened there.

Probably best to start over. Hope this helps.

Gerald

Michael Thompson
05-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Hi Mike,
Cool capture - must have been a real thriller!

I think you have some issues with your post production. To me it looks as though the noise reduction is a bit heavy. And likewise, the sharpening - in particular the halo on the beak.
The feet and the fish look very crunchy - not sure what happened there.

Probably best to start over. Hope this helps.

Gerald

yeah, for some reason if i dont apply a lot of sharpening, my images look real soft on here. I dont know what to do, the image looks great on my computer file viewer with no sharpening needed.

gail bisson
05-04-2018, 06:23 AM
My issue with this frame is the crop. I would include the entire tail.
Nice action caught.
Gail

Michael Thompson
05-04-2018, 10:15 AM
My issue with this frame is the crop. I would include the entire tail.
Nice action caught.
Gail

Hi Gail. Unfortunately, it is not a crop. it happened too fast for me to even think to pull my zoom back.

Mike Poole
05-05-2018, 09:16 AM
yeah, for some reason if i dont apply a lot of sharpening, my images look real soft on here. I dont know what to do, the image looks great on my computer file viewer with no sharpening needed.

Just a thought Mike, do you do your final sharpening after resizing for here? If not then that may be behind the files appearing soft.

Regards this frame, I quite like the intensity of the crop, good action

Mike