PDA

View Full Version : Royal Feud #2

WIlliam Maroldo
06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
2:00PM +1second 420mm ISO200 1/2000sec F5.6 hand held

This is the image I mentioned earlier in Royal Feud(1) which took place one second later. It shows them momentarily locking bills. The wing positions have changed and the symmetry in Feuding Royals (1) is lost. However, the wing position allows a slightly closer view of the birds, and the locking bills are interesting. As suggested in Feuding Royals (1) more room was allowed between the wings and the edges. The image was lightened (perhaps too much?) and I dare not do anything with the holes! Again, the barrier was masked and subjected to a tone curve adjustment, but more than in Royal Feud (1). Comments and critiques are welcomed! ~onlybill

Lance Peters
06-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi William - Like the wing positions and the extra room all round - but feel the previous one is the stronger image - more separation between the birds bills and the open bills are also a plus.
Well done

WIlliam Maroldo
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Lance: I agree. Personally, I think the wing and bill positions in the earlier version iare much better. I posted this image to show the difference one second makes!

Katie Rupp
06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Another vote for the first image but I do like what you did to the barrier on this one. Thanks for showing us both versions.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Hi Bill, I have to agree with Lance and Katie but well done anyway!!