PDA

View Full Version : Broad Billed Hummingbird (male) II

Wally Nussbaumer
06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
It attempted to add a small flower as suggested in previous comments, not too sure about the results.
Canon Rebel XTi, Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L series f/25 at 1/250 SS ISO 100, X-sync flash (4)

Sharna Lee
06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I really like this image, and the placement of the flower too.
It's amazing how fast these little things can fly. Even hovering they tend to hover, scoot, hover, scoot.
You did well in capturing this.

Sharna

Wally Nussbaumer
06-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you for looking Sharna, glad you like it!

Mike Lentz
06-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Perfect placement of the flower! I really like this one Wally.

Wally Nussbaumer
06-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks Mike.

Michael Castellano
06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Walter. As you know I'm not a fan of adding flowers to hummer photos. But in any case, I think I would have placed the flower closer to the hummer. The image of the hummer itself is a strong one, however, and stand on its own nicely. BTW, I just had an image removed for being a composite -- it was actually two separate photos of a robin attacking a worm placed side by side. Wouldn't this image also be considered a composite?

Wally Nussbaumer
06-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Walter. As you know I'm not a fan of adding flowers to hummer photos. But in any case, I think I would have placed the flower closer to the hummer. The image of the hummer itself is a strong one, however, and stand on its own nicely. BTW, I just had an image removed for being a composite -- it was actually two separate photos of a robin attacking a worm placed side by side. Wouldn't this image also be considered a composite?

good question Michael. Removed from here?

Wally Nussbaumer
06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
ask the moderator. Assuming it was here. Reading the TOS "posting something that is knowingly false" isn't permitted so I would say the addition of anything falls under that heading.