PDA

View Full Version : Canon Pixma Pro 9500

Bruce Gove
06-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Just purchased this printer, and though it works well, I'm starting to experience color management problems. I know I've got to purchase a colorimeter to calibrate my monitor, and I'd like to know what anyone out there has used and recommends. I'm also interested in software to generate profiles so I can duplicate colors on my printer that appear on my calibrated monitor. I'm a real newbie here, and I need to figure this out. :o I guess I can go though all the profiles included with the printer, but that seems like a lot of trial and error. I've read that some of the profiles availble are based on the paper used. Like I said, I need all the nelp I can get. I'm starting to read all the forums I can find on this printer - what I see is a lot of folks like me that don't really know how to use their printer!! I figured I'd try and enlist the advice of the pros on this website. Thanks!!! :D

Bruce Gove

Alfred Forns
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi Bruce Slow down !!!!

You do need to calibrate your monitor but do check all the print settings. If you monitor does not look totally awful you should be getting decent prints !!! For calibration I use the one make by X-rite but there are several others. All work about the same and are easy to use !!

Regarding making your own profiles you can but not sure you want to. Would start with the ones included in the printer. If you want custom profiles might want to go with a service that makes them. You get a target to print then send it back and they make the profile for you . Might be the most cost effective !!!

I use Epson printers but they all work about the same Let me know what is going on see if I can help.

William Malacarne
06-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I just recently got an HP 9180. I found a good users group on Yahoo Groups. The people there are of great help and they have a files section with many profiles.

Bill

Bruce Gove
06-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the help folks!! Some great suggestions out there, including timely suggestions by Mr. Forns :D

Robert Amoruso
06-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Bruce,

If you want to get profiles done, try http://www.cathysprofiles.com/. It comes recommended from many sources I have read. Since I use an ImagePrint RIP I get my profiles from them so have not used it myself.

Bruce Gove
06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the link, Robert!

Bruce