PDA

View Full Version : Fire Salamander

Andreas Liedmann
04-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Hello folks sorry for being again away from here ...too many things to cover right now.

Just been out yesterday to find this nice characters in a forest nearby , havenīt seen them for ages , just because i did not look for them .Due to a talk with a friend , i went out last friday to check the location , and yesterday i took the camera .
Came back with loads of images ....but due to old kit or not ideal kit , i produced loads of rubbish ... LOL . Need to go back and get my hands on tiny things to photograph .

So this is a male Fire Salamander or Spotted Salamander , could not find the right english name . Scientific name is Salamandra salamandra

I was struggling with everything , the kit , the light and the animal itself ...LOL.

So IQ is not to my standard .... anyhow i post it . There will be better images in the near future ... i hope :t3

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 2,8 100 Macro ( very old version )
HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/1600 sec ; well way more DOF needed .....maybe slower SS to gain more DOF , ooooohhh you see so easily the nervous hand in the viewfinder with that **** macro lens . No chance to use a tripod .

Processed with C1 and PS CC 2018 ; slight crop and a bit of tiny clean up in FG .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings , hope you like this one.

Cheers Andreas

keith mitchell
04-25-2018, 08:03 AM
Andreas it's nice to see you posting something that is not as you say perfect and I mean that in a most nice way,I learn more from this in that I can see what you are saying re dof ,there is still a lot to like with those lovely colours and nice head,what sort of size are they?

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
04-25-2018, 08:51 AM
Hi Andreas - As explained in my email to you, we think this more properly belongs in Macro & Flora than Wildlife so I have moved it over here. Love the bright colors. I sort of like the falling off dof.

TFS,
Rachel

John Mack
05-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Cool looking salamander here. Like the moss and the low angle. Sharp right where it needs to be.

Krishna Prasad kotti
05-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Nice Image. I like the salamander against green colors.

Sharp Eye as well.

Thanks for sharing

Steve Maxson
05-04-2018, 11:38 AM
I like the alert pose and the comp. Good sharpness within your DOF and nice IQ for ISO 6400. I think the image would be even better with more DOF - it looks like you had some wiggle room to adjust SS to get a higher f/stop. Nicely done overall.

Allen Sparks
05-05-2018, 11:38 PM
Hi Andreas,
This image works for me with the critical focus on the eye. I like the mossy perch as well. Nice background.
Allen